Friday, April 1, 2011

No wonder there are so many illegal immigrants...

This is ridiculous. I'm so mad, I don't know whether to cry or scream. But I'll probably do both. This country is a joke. Callin and I started the paperwork to get his green card back in March of last year. After spending weeks trying to get the stupid things filled out and $1500 later... we sent it all in. 6 months later we get a letter stating they received our paperwork and that they were processing it. 4 months after that we're called in for an interview- picture the scenes from the movie "The Proposal" it's horribly accurate. Callin was so nervous he forgot how old he was. 4 months later they've decided there are too many discrepancies in our paperwork, that our marriage is a sham and that Callin must return to Canada under supervision! We had 20 minutes to pack his bags and figure out a way to contact the school to let them know what happened with finals just weeks away. They put him in the back of a cop car to go to the airport like some common criminal. I'm so out of here. I'm so deeply offended that I don't think I will be able to step back onto American soil again for a long time. Luckily my job is great and they'll let me work from home- in Canada. My father in law is fantastic and already has an immigration attorney lined up and I'll meet with him this afternoon to review our case. But I don't even know if I want to come back. We probably wouldn't consider it if it wasn't for school- we really don't want to lose all of those credits. I'm just so, so upset. These things shouldn't happen to good, tax paying citizens.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Megs, I'm so sorry sweets---it's like a terrible movie, except its real, and it's happening to you. I do not blame you one bit for being completely livid. I can't believe it. 20 minutes to pack!! That is TERRIBLE! All of it's terrible!! You poor thing...I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you. That's all I have to say. Love, your ex-cousin

    ReplyDelete